The Rising Star follows the CS4L train to train model. It is a program that provides funding to athletes (females 11-15 and males 12-16) that exhibit potential in their sport of choice and wish to receive additional training through a camp format.
· Females must be between the ages of 11-15 years & males must be between the ages of 12-16 years
· The camp should focus on sport specific skill development/training more so than competitions, and tournaments
· The camp/schedule must show that there is sport specific technical, tactical and fitness training approximately 9-12 times per week
Understanding Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L)
There has been a nationwide shift in the education and delivery of sport, known as Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L). This movement has generated a new way to train and develop our youth. As a result, the Rising Star program will focus its funding on the Train to Train category of the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD). Additional information on CS4L can be found at http://www.canadiansportforlife.ca/
Train to Train http://www.canadiansportforlife.ca/ltad-stages/train-train
Terms and Conditions
· The objective of this program is to provide financial assistance for athletes to participate in programs that contribute to their learning and development through the Canadian Sport for Life, specifically under the Train to Train category.
· All applications must be received on or before May 31, 2017. To be eligible for financial assistance, all relevant sections must be completed. The application will be assessed using the information provided and athletes will be selected based on the quality of the submission. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
· Athletes must be a non smoker.
· Athletes must be a registered member of a Territorial Sport Organization (TSO).
· Athletes must be a NWT resident and live in the NWT.
· Athletes must provide a written report to Sport North by October 1, 2017 on what was covered at the camp and how it benefited them.
· Parents/legal guardians are responsible to ensure their child is registered in the appropriate camp and that all necessary documentation has been provided to that camp. Sport North is not responsible to ensure athletes are registered in the camp.
· At the discretion of Sport North, funding may be provided directly to the camp or the parents/legal guardians once appropriate receipts have been received.
Please click the link below for the registration page to sign up as a coach for the upcoming 2017/18 season!
There are two separate links:
One for All Development Team Coach Positions including A Team/B Team/Female Development
One for House Coaches/Assistant Coaches and On Ice Helpers
Also, see below for links to some documentation to read prior to signing up.
You will also require a Respect in Sport certificate in order to coach next year. Please see the Respect in Sport website here to sign up and become certified.
Come on Out and Get Your Car Washed!!
June 11, 2017 - Co-op Gas Bar
July 8, 2017 - o-op Gas Bar
July 12, 2017 - Co-op Gas Bar
A motion was passed to make the wearing of mouth guards optional.
We will no longer enforce, but still recommend the wearing of mouth guards.
Goalie Development is done for the year!
YKMH would love to showcase all the wonderful pictures from tournaments, events and any other pictures you would like to have shared. Send them our way:
At the last Hockey Northwest Territories board meeting , a motion was passed that as of November 15th of this year every team must have at least one person on their travel permit who has the CATT training. If a team has a Safety person, that person is ok to be the team official for this year but they must be listed on the travel permit as a team official in the Safety person role.
For the 17/18 season all team officials will be required to have the CATT training. This training is now mandatory in BC and may come into play for those travelling to BC for tournaments.
This training takes around 40 minutes. The link for this training is http://www.cattonline.com
YKMHA has issued a communication document explaining to the membership how YKMHA will communicate and how it would like the membership to communicate.
Please see the attached memo.
Adjusted Prices Now Posted
Prices have been changed to reflect us being halfway thru the season.
Please click here to get to the registration site.
Parents will be required to obtain a Respect in Sport certificate in order to register your child. Please see the Respect in Sport website here to sign up and become certified.
Registration is up for all Development Teams (Novice A, Atom A and B, PeeWee A and B, Bantam A, Midget B) and Junior Girls, Under 8 Girls, and Goaltender Clinics.
Please click the link to get to this registration.